WELCOME FREEDOM! USERS
Position Music has partnered with Freedom! to make the majority of the Position Music catalog available to you and your videos for free!
• How do I login?
• What music can I use?
• Will I be able to monetize my videos?
• Will I receive 3rd Party Copyright claims on my videos?
• Should I give credit to the songs I’m using?
• Are there any restrictions?
• I’m not a Freedom! user. How do I partner my YouTube channel with you?
HOW DO I LOGIN?
Freedom! users have their own login. Click on the Freedom! icon at the top of the page. It will direct you to login with your Freedom! login information. You’ll then be logged into Position Music.
WHAT MUSIC CAN I USE?
We have created a Freedom! Collection on the site. You have access to every song in the Freedom Collection. Every song on the site displays the Collections it is in on Search Results Pages, Album Pages and Song Pages.
SEARCH RESULTS PAGE:
WILL I BE ABLE TO MONETIZE MY VIDEOS?
Yes, you will continue to earn 100% of your income through Freedom!
WILL I RECEIVE 3RD PARTY COPYRIGHT CLAIMS ON MY VIDEOS?
Technically yes because YouTube will recognize our songs. However, they should automatically release in most cases within 15 minutes. If it doesn’t auto-release there are a variety of things you should know:
• Email the URL of the video to us at email@example.com. We will have it released for you.
• We can only release claims that contain music controlled by Position Music. If you’re using music from other sources we can’t help on those.
• If the video is set to private we won’t be able to detect it for auto-releasing. It either needs to be unlisted or public.
• When there are multiple songs in the same video there are times not all get released and a claim happens more than once. Please alert us if you still have a claim after we’ve released a claim.
• When claims are not auto-released they are released manually by our friends at AdRev. They always try to get to claims quickly, but are not working 24 hours a day. So, their staff will get to it as soon as they can. Weekends often take longer than during the work week.
SHOULD I GIVE CREDIT TO THE SONGS I’M USING?
Yes, we would appreciate the artist and song being credited in the text section of YouTube (and within your video if possible). Please display a credit in this format:
by “Artist name"
Music used with permission from Position Music and Freedom!
ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
The Freedom! deal includes the right to use the music in your videos on a channel that is partnered with Freedom! and the ability to monetize those videos, as long as you are not being paid to promote another brand. This means if you create content to promote another brand, such as a sponsored video or a commercial for a company you wouldn’t be able to use the music for free. You would need a separate paid commercial license for those types of uses.
For example if Honda paid you to make a video promoting a Honda vehicle you would need to get a separate commercial license from Position Music.
I’M NOT A FREEDOM! USER. HOW DO I PARTNER MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH YOU?
If you would like to partner your YouTube channel and gain access to use Position Music in your non-commercial YouTube videos you can join the Freedom! network by clicking on this link: